Laws of Darkhelmet
It all boils down to: No griefing EVER (even crops), no xray, clean language, be nice.
- BASIC CONDUCT
- Players will, at all times, act morally in regards to server rules, other players, and staff.
- Griefing is not allowed, in any form, in any location. Without evidence that you had the right to modify any player-owned structure, creation, land, crop, animal, or anything placed/modified by a player - it will be considered a grief.
- Player modifications involve anything that doesn't generate naturally with the Minecraft map terrain and must have been placed by a player.
- Theft, killing, lying, or harassing others is not allowed.
- You must not steal or attempt to cheat others out of items or money.
- Your actions must always be considered respectful towards others.
- Your account must be under your control at all times. Your account will be punished for any activity by any violation of these rules.
- Players must follow staff instruction.
- Players will not take advantage of known flaws in the minecraft, bukkit, or plugin architecture.
- We consider known "side-effects" that are unintentional by Mojang as flaws that should not be exploited. This includes redstone/obsidian glitches, transparency problems inside blocks, etc.
- Players must immediately report to staff errors in server-run plugins that may lead to earning excessive money or allow a userto unfairly gain an advantage over others.
- Players may not communicate these flaws to others. Anyone caught taking advantage of an exploit, despite having been told about it, will also be punished.
- Machines built to expose or take advantage of item duplication glitches will be destroyed, in addition to standard punishments.
- Players may not use AFK excessively (logging in after afk kick to go afk again, using mods to automate afk, etc). This includes: Afk-fishing, Afk-mining and afk in general to rank up faster.
- Players must not use any client-side modification that gives them unique abilities compared to the vanilla client. Mods, texture packs, scripts, or plugins that expose the location of ores, natural underground structures, underground chests, and other players are specifically illegal - often known as XRAY.
- However, Fly mods and mini-map mods are allowed for Resp+. You may modify your fly speed but are not allowed to use any other features included with such mods.
- The staff withholds the right to ban any player, at his discretion, despite possibly not violating any rules, for simply being supremely annoying.
- DHMC reserves the right to remove any user from any service at any time for any reason
- We allow you to play on alternate ("alt") accounts, provided you are not banned from DHMC and you are not trying to give your original account
an advantage. We will not allow sharing playtime/rank with your alt, unless you're completely switching.
- You may not copy in full any recognizably unique (can be recognized by sight alone) design from another DHMC player's creation on any of the current maps unless given permission by the original creator
- Staff have no obligations to transfer money, mcmmo, LWC locks, towny plots, residences, etc when you change names. It is at our discretion whether we do so or not.
- No cursing, no implied cursing. No trying to bypass the censor for bad words.
- All non-private-message chat must be in English.
- Controvertial topics like religion and politics should not be discussed in non-private-message chat. We don't discourage debate, but our server isn't the proper venue for it.
- If used irregularly, and outside any insulting context, the words "damn" and "hell" are permitted.
- No insulting, offensive, or intentionally troubling comments towards others.
- Anything that's commonly accepted as inappropriate for an eight-year-old is considered disrespectful.
- Frequent, or long sentences with all-uppercase characters are not allowed.
- Automated text-entry is not allowed.
- Statements that imply you are going to break a rule, or that you are going to encourage, participate, or be party to any rule breaking activity will be taken as an official announcement and involve parties will be punished.
- Statements that imply the intention of disrupting the services and operation of the server software, hardware and related systems will be taken as an official announcement and involved players will be banned from all services.
- Do not advertise other servers to our players. Privately communicating an ip to a small, select group of players is allowed.
- Communication rules also apply to in-game sign text, and creations. Creations must not contain offensive imagery or form words normally not allowed in chat.
- Players should not ask for money. Repeat offenses will result in a warning.
- Players are in charge of their own money and shops. Players who lose money through buying/selling items, auctions, stocks, etc will not be reimbursed. However, players who clearly
abuse pricing errors in bulk will be punished.
- Players who fail to pay any town taxes or other fees that may result in losing property will not be reimbursed.
- Town mayors and assistants should provide plots back to players for free if they recently lost the property and didn't intend to, and if the property has not yet been sold.
- Players may not run an excessive number of auctions in a short time period.
- Players must attempt to sell valuable items, or at least in valuable quantities, for reasonable dollar amounts.
- Players should allow everyone to bid in an auction and should not try to give bidding advantages to anyone.
- Players must be honest about an item being sold. Do not attempt to pass items off as something it's not, do not sell
items that are clearly not worth the price you're asking - i.e. books must not be sold with deceitful content.
- In addition to a warning, staff may elect to refund or give items to the victim.
- Players may sell/buy schwartz. Any unused schwartz may be used for Myth rank purposes.
- Players are allowed to join any open or invite-available towns. A mayor may decide whether or not a player may join the town only prior to the player joining.
- Towns may design their own rules as long as they do not conflict with server rules and are reasonable. We must have evidence in the logs that town rules have
been explained to, and accepted by new residents.
- Town staff may not kick or remove a player from town unless they have evidence the player has broken server or town rules.
- In the event a player is kicked from the town, the player has the right to claim all of their previously owned items and materials.
- Towns may charge taxes up to the maximum allowed by the plugin.
- If a resident is kicked due to inactivity or lack of funds, town staff must make an honest attempt to return the items or materials to the owner.
- If a resident is no longer active on the server, or has been gone for multiple weeks after eviction, or intentionally left town, their items and property will be considered abandoned.
- Abandoned items may be kept, sold, or given away by the mayor of the town. Or in their inactivity, next ranking town staff.
- Towns without an active mayor, or at risk for deletion, will be given to the next ranking town staff member. If none are available, a resident may be promoted.
- Players building in the wilderness should make a clear effort to build at least several chunks away from a town or residence. Players caught intentionally building in way that restricts a town's growth will be made to move.
- Players claiming land with towny or residence must make sure no one currently lives in or owns the chunk being claimed.
- RESOURCE WORLD
- Resource world, /w r, is for resource gathering only.
- Because you're allowed to demolish this world (instead of ruining the main map) for resources, mcmmo, etc - we reset the map regularly.
- Any buildings or belongings, including chests and beacons, will be lost.
- Staff may reset the world at any time, without warning.
- The development and signage of spawn and the world are for staff only. Placing your own signs or advertisements is not allowed.
- THE NETWORK
- DarkHelmet Minecraft refers to a series of Minecraft servers on dhmc.us, owned and operated by viveleroi, a nice guy.
- The following rules apply to ALL servers and services within this network, unless special exceptions are listed
on this page.
- These rules are detailed but in reality represent simple common sense. The DHMC staff team has been amazingly
efficient and consistent in enforcing these rules since we opened.
- Players who break these rules are at fault for not having read them. Links and summaries of these rules are posted
on the main server spawn, and in your main world guidebook.
- Bans are network-wide - if you're banned from one server, you're banned from them all.
- Server: CREATIVE ("BUILD")
- Players may spawn items and play in creative mode.
- Players may not attempt to build anything offensive or inappropriate.
- Activities geared towards generating lag are not allowed. Spawning excessive entities, vehicles, explosions, liquid flow, high frequency repeating redstone,
and related actions are not allowed.
- Players must not touch or interfere with creations they don't own, even if unprotected.
- Server: FTB
- You must request whitelisting on the FTB server after having made a donation of $5 or more.
- Your time on FTB is limited to one month per $5 donated and begins the date we record the donation.
- Your playtime will expire, and will not be extended after your duration ends.
- FTB is a very unstable, unofficial product. We cannot guarantee availability or when maps reset.
- There are no refunds, since we do not refund donations.
- Players must make a best-effort attempt to file auctions/orders efficiently. Order the quantity you need - do not attempt
to break orders/auctions into smaller quantities to increase your order counts. Do not order items you do not need
simply to give another player a higher order count. Auctions and orders should be reasonably priced. A reasonable price
is one within the range of prices paid by player shops and Crafty's.
- The Crafty's prices are subject to change without notice.
- Crafty's will not issue refunds unless a reproducable plugin bug was the cause.
- Players must inform shop owners of pricing errors that could cause them to lose money. Only if that shop owner
is aware of the pricing difference may you "abuse" the sale/purchase for profit.
- Other servers may use public plugins developed by the DHMC team. Public plugins are those listed on the dev.bukkit.org website.
- PLAYERS & STAFF
- Our staff are here to help you learn DHMC - our plugins, rules, etc. Not adhering to their instruction will escalate an issue.
- If you feel there is a problem with a staff member, you should escalate to the next highest staff rank currently available.
- You must appeal any issue to a lead and/or an Admin before bringing an issue to vive.
- Any decision by staff, even one in line with these rules, may be appealed if you feel an error was made.
- Viveleroi is the supreme court. Any decision is final.
- STAFF ACTIVITY
- Staff must set an example for all players by following the rules.
- Staff must respond to all questions or calls for assistance as soon as they reasonably can.
- Staff may enact any accepted punishment on a player or staff member as long as they evidence to prove a violation.
- Staff members may ask Viveleroi for assistance obtaining log and other data, only after attempts to find the information have failed.
- Staff members may never use moderator-only permissions/tools for personal use. Anything which gives an advantage over others is for investigating, and resolving issues.
- The website is made available, and is created, modified, and managed by Viveleroi.
- Any player is free to use all portions of the website open to their rank level.
- The owner and moderators may decide to revoke website account access for any reason.
Continue to Promotion Policy